Why Must I Evangelise?
- It is the great commission (Matt 28: 16-20, Mark 16:15)
- The power you received in holy ghost baptism is for you to be a witness (Acts 1:8)
- To hasten the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (Matt 24:14)
- Unbelievers will not believe unless they hear the message of the Lord Jesus Christ (Rom 10:14, Rom 10:17)
- There is great satisfaction and fulfilment in leading people to Christ. The greatest gift that one can give is to lead a person to receive eternal life. (Matt 19:29)
- You must evangelise because you love God. Soul winning is the heart beat of God and by leading a soul to Christ, the will of God is done on earth. (Matt 6:10 )
Who Must Evangelise?
Every believer must evangelise (Matt 28:16-20). It really doesn’t matter whether or not you are a new believer. In fact you may not even know any bible passage or scripture to start with. Start by sharing your testimony and as you grow in faith, back up you testimonies with scriptures as led by God. (Luke 12:11).
In 2 Tim 4: 2, 5 Paul admonished Timothy to do the work of an evangelist.
You would also find this website very useful for free download and print of tracts, book marks and other materials that can be used for evangelism.